I received a lot of positive feedback from the message this past Sunday, and I'm so grateful to each of you for your willingness to listen carefully, respond thoughtfully, and most importantly to allow some of your presuppositions to be challenged, which allowed your understanding of the Scriptures to grow in the process.
I thought it would make sense for me to post some of the links to the different sites that I visited and gleaned information from while I was researching for the message so that you could take a look at some of them for yourselves.
- Scripture and the Authority of God, N. T. Wright, 2011.
- How to Read the Bible for All it's Worth, Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart, 2003.
- "How Can the Bible be Authoritative?", N. T. Wright, 1991.
- "Textual Criticism", Wikipedia.
- "Biblical Manuscript", Wikipedia.
- "Rylands Library Papyrus 52", Wikipedia.
- "The Reliability of the New Testament", Mark Barry, 2010.
We also had a time of questions and answers after the message finished on Sunday, but if you have further questions, you could feel free to leave a comment on this post, and I would be happy to respond to your questions that way.